Congratulations to our 2015-2016 Teachers of the Year!
2015-2016 Music Teacher of the Year: Keith James, Westdale Heights Academic Magnet
2015-2016 Music Ensemble Teacher of the Year: Amy Pan, Copper Mill Elementary School
Thanks to our 2016 Teacher of the Year Award program sponsor!
Since 2005 the BRSO has honored outstanding music and classroom teachers who successfully integrate music with other disciplines across the curriculum and showcase the value of the arts in developing problem solving, creativity, logic, and other cognitive skills. By annually recognizing these local educators, we support them by providing winners with classroom materials in addition to inspiring other Baton Rouge educators to follow in their colleagues’ footsteps. Anyone can nominate an outstanding teacher for this award – friends, family, colleagues, and students. Former nominees may be re-nominated again each year. Former winners must wait one year before being eligible again.
- Classroom or music teacher of students at any level, grades K-12
- Public or private school
- Must teach at a school located in one of the following parishes: Ascension, East & West Baton Rouge, East & West Feliciana, Iberville, Livingston, Point Coupee, and Tangipahoa.
- Two full season subscriptions for BRSO’s 2016-2017 season (includes all Masterworks, Pops, and Chamber series concerts!)
- Two tickets to the closing night Masterworks concert of the 2014-2015 season (April 14, 2016)
- Recognition dinner
- Award Plaque and Banner, for the winner and their school
- Classroom technology package from PreSonus
For the 2016 Teacher of the Year Award program, nominations were being accepted in the following categories:
General Music Teacher