Click on any of the videos below to hear the selection that will be performed at the Discovery concert.
Download or print hand-outs for each selection. Handouts include:
– Summary of the story being told through the music
– Brief listening guide for the selection
– Composer biography
– Facts about the country or geographic area from which the composer or story originates
– “Symphony Spotlight” section
– Questions and activities for students to explore on their own!
Overture to William Tell, by Giaocchino Rossini
Garland Waltz from The Sleeping Beauty, by Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky
The Sea and Sinbad’s Ship from Scheherazade, by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
In the Hall of the Mountain King from Peer Gynt Suite no. 1, by Edvard Grieg
Danse Macabre, by Camille Saint-Saëns