- This event has passed.
BRSO Seeks an Executive Director
September 18, 2017 - November 14, 2017
BATON ROUGE SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA SEEKS AN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra (BRSO) is seeking an Executive Director who is a dynamic and visionary leader with a minimum of five, and preferably ten years’ nonprofit arts management experience.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong experience in developing budgets and financial management
- Demonstrated success in achieving annual fundraising goals
- Extensive experience building and leading a team of senior staff
- Superb oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective and respected relationships with board members, donors, audience members, other arts organizations, and the general public
- Specific knowledge of presenting and performing arts organizations
- An MBA, while not required, is preferred
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, have a high level of initiative, creativity, and energy. The ability to work independently is a must as well as the ability to work with staff and volunteers to plan and execute a complex program of work. The successful candidate will be willing to relocate to Baton Rouge and commit fully to the community for at least three years. Compensation, including benefits, is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To find out more about this position, including application instructions, please visit brsoedsearch.weebly.com.